Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Giants Win The Pennant! The Giants Win The Pennant!

No, it's not 1951, although Russ Hodges's famous call of Bobby Thomson's pennant winning home run comes to mind. But with a called third strike on Ryan Howard, the 2010 Giants have won the pennant after a series of very tense, dramatic play-off games with a superior team, the Phillies, and I am exhausted. As a result, I have let things slip here and, with the World Series starting in San Francisco tomorrow, I don't know how soon I will be back on track. I will not grow a beard and dye it black. Nor will I wear a rally thong, but I have caught Giants Fever.  I am in a state of delirium that makes it difficult to concentrate on anything other than baseball, and so Bobo Newsom and Safe On Third will have to be put aside for now, while I follow the exploits of Posey, Lincecum, Cain, Lopez, Wilson, Sanchez (Freddie and Jonathan), Bumgarner, Uribe, Torres, Burrell, Huff, and Cody Ross.


No comments:

Post a Comment